Active Members who are interested in serving on the WSAC Board of Directors are encouraged to submit their name using our online submission form.
The following positions are up for election:
- WSAC President – Blair Brady, Wahkiakum County Commissioner
- WSAC Vice President – Scott Hutsell, Lincoln County Commissioner
- WSAC Second Vice President (Must be an Active Member from a Western Region County)
- Eastern Region Representative (4 positions available)
- Western Region Representative (4 positions available)
- Eastern Region Alternate (2 positions available)
- Western Region Alternate (2 positions available)
The WSAC Bylaws identify Active Members as:
Those duly elected or appointed county commissioners, county council members, or county executives, or the equivalent office in any county operating under a home rule charter, whose county is current in paying annual dues in accordance with a schedule of dues adopted by the Board of Directors and ratified by the Membership.
All elected officers (President, Vice President, Second Vice President) shall hold office until the next annual meeting or until his or her successor is elected. Once elected as Second Vice President, it is the expectation of this organization that the Second Vice President shall serve in successive years as Vice President, President, and Past President.
This year, candidates for the office of WSAC Second Vice President must be an active member from a Western Region County as identified in section 3.4 of the WSAC Bylaws.
Those elected to the office of Eastern/Western Region Representative or Alternate will hold their office or position from this year’s annual meeting in November until the next annual meeting.
To file for candidacy, please submit the following items by 5 pm on Friday, September 29:
- Statement of interest with 500 words or fewer.
Your statement should include such items as why you are
interested in the position; your qualifications and activities;
what you hope to accomplish or contribute to the Association
by holding the position.
- A recent photo in .jpg format.