The Washington State Association of Counties (WSAC) is a private not-for-profit corporation that provides legislative advocacy, education and training, business programs, and professional services to elected and appointed officials in Washington State’s 39 Counties.
The Communications Intern is responsible for providing assistance with online social media marketing and newsletter development, aiding in video production and editing, assisting in hybrid meeting services, and other ongoing initiatives. This position is for 3 months, part-time, 10 – 15 hours per week, on-site, non-exempt, and reports directly to the Communications Manager.
- Creating and monitoring social media content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Assisting in the production of video content for WSAC’s online training platform (County Development Institute of Washington) and general marketing needs
- Writing and editing articles, blog posts, and marketing pieces for social channels and newsletters.
- Photography and recording of live events and creating general-use photos/videos (buildings, locations, etc.)
- Aid in the implementation of the Association Management Software (data cleanup, file organization, categorizing member information, etc).
- Attend weekly Communications and Administration Meetings to discuss tasks and contribute to idea generation.
- Other support functions as requested by staff to support the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Ability to work in an office environment that may be busy or loud
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Desire to provide excellent customer service
- Commitment to accuracy in work product
- Familiarity with film equipment (Sony Mirrorless cameras and digital workflows)
- 1-2 years of experience using Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premier Pro, Photoshop, After Effect, Lightroom) and familiarity with online meeting software (Zoom Meetings)
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated with an undergraduate degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Video Production, or a similar field
Salary and Employment Information
The wage range for this position is $18.00 – $22.00 per hour and will be directly dependent on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
All WSAC employees are at will.
Individuals interested in applying for this position shall electronically submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.