WSAC is now partnering with Public Surplus™ to sell government surplus property through their website. If your county or department has surplus equipment, vehicles, real estate, or anything else, Public Surplus can help you sell quickly with some of the lowest buyer’s premium fees in the country! Please check out Public Surplus as the avenue to post your auctions. WSAC benefits each time you utilize this program to sell anything – but at no cost to you! Everyone wins by using Public Surplus as the website when selling. If you’re already a Public Surplus member, we need you to follow the link below and register again. Nothing changes with your account; Public Surplus will make the transition seamless. New and current users must use the special link below! This connects you directly with WSAC so you can get the additional benefit of the partnership.
What are the benefits to your County when using Public Surplus?
- Compliance: With state, federal, and local regulations: Public Surplus is designed specifically for government agencies. You can rest assured that Public Surplus designed its system to meet and exceed all regulations regarding surplus disposal for your agency.
- Simplicity: Simple navigation and ease of use, all without sacrificing its powerful functionality.
- Large/Qualified Buyer Database: Increase the number of buyers from your own community and combine them with the largest database of qualified buyers for government agencies.
- Increased Revenue: Typically, 30% – 60% more net revenue when compared to live auctions, and Public Surplus consistently outperforms online competitors.
- NO COSTS: A solution that is easy on the budget. There is no cost to your agency when selling on Public Surplus. Free registration, free listings, and free payment collections. All fees are paid by the buyer in the form of a buyer’s premium, and the agency will not be charged anything.
- No Commitment Required: With a no-cost solution, many agencies don’t require a contract and can use Public Surplus on an at-will basis. If a contract is required please ask Public Surplus about one of their national cooperative contracts.
- Auction Extensions: Increase revenue and parity with auction extensions. Everyone has an equal chance to compete while driving up the prices of your auctions.
- Specific and Customized Reporting: A reporting solution is second to none. Let Public Surplus surprise you with just how comprehensive and simple it is to get your auction data.
- Payment Collections: End the hassle of collecting payments from buyers. Buyers can pay via credit card and wire transfers for convenience and security.
- Control: Live auctions and many online solutions leave government agencies powerless when selling their surplus assets. Public Surplus gives you and your agency complete control. Set reserve pricing, retract auctions, and so much more.
- Transparency: Increased visibility coupled with increased access is a winning combination for government agencies. Public Surplus knows of no other online solution that offers this level of transparency.
- Customer Service: Unmatched customer service. Your agency will have a dedicated support representative to assist you at any time during business hours. Whether for training or just simple questions on the value of an item you are listing, support representatives are there to assist your agency.
Public Surplus offers brief 30-minute online presentations daily. It’s the best way to show you the power of the online auction system when coupled with software designed specifically for public agencies. These presentations are done daily via GoToMeeting and also work around your busy schedule. Please contact your WSAC Account Representative, Jaren Waters, and he can get you signed up for a demonstration.
If you are ready to get started selling surplus, click on the link below and fill out the one-page registration application. Once you have completed the application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the registration process and obtain full access to the site.
WSAC, Communications Manager